Page Layout and Synopsis ©1997 by Darcy Partridge
The One With The Thumb
[Previous][Next][Back to the Master List]
Ross discovers the fate of his childhood pet, Chichi. Chandler starts smoking again; when the group complains,
he diverts their attention to their own faults. Phoebe gets money she doesn't want; she complains and gets more; she
gives it away and gets a can of soda in return... which contains a thumb. The beverage company gives
her $7000. Monica's new boyfriend (Alan) is a hit with her friends, but Monica's not too sure.
The one where they said....
- Monica: Uh, No. Loosely translated, "we should do this again," means "you will NEVER see me naked."
- Phoebe: Or, or, you know, "I think we should see other people," means, "Ha ha, I already am."
- Chandler: What are you talking about? We loved Shteve. Shteve was shecshy.
- Phoebe: Do you believe this? Now I have $1000, and a football phone!
- Rachel: What bank is this?
- Alan: I've heard sho much about all you guysh.
- Phoebe: Yes! Like that man in the shoe!
- Ross: What shoe?
- Phoebe: From the nursery rhyme: There was a crooked man, who had a crooked smile, who lived in a shoe... for a while.
- Chandler: I personally could have a gallon of Alan.
- Ross: A thumb?
- Phoebe: I know. I know. I opened it up, and there is was, just floating in there, like this tiny little hitch-hiker.
- Chandler: Maybe it's a contest, you know, like, "collect all five."
- Rachel: Oh! the hair comes out, and the gloves come off.
- Chandler: Ew, Lambchop. How old is that sock? If I had a sock on my hand for thirty years, it'd be talking, too.
- Ross: Okay, I think it's time to change somebody's nicotine patch.
- Monica: Where's Joey?
- Chandler: Joey ate my last stick of gum, so I killed him. Do you think that was wrong?
- Phoebe: You know, those stupid soda people gave me $7000 for the thumb. And on my way over here, I stepped in gum. What is up with the universe?
- Joey: What's going on?
- Monica: Nothing, I just think it's nice when we're all here together.
- Joey: Even nicer, when everyone gets to wear their underwear.
- Monica: Guys, we have to talk.
- Phoebe: Wait. I'm getting a deja vu. No, I'm not.
- Monica: Alright. We have to talk.
- Phoebe: There it is!
- Rachel: Remember when we went to Central Park and rented boats? That was fun.
- Ross (regarding Alan): Yeah. He could row like a viking.
- Written by Jeffrey Astrof & Mike Sikowitz
- Directed by James Burrows
- Geoffrey Lower as Alan
- Beth Grant as Lizzy
- Jenifer Lewis as Paula
- Aired 10/6/94, 12/1/94, 5/25/95